This recipe really hits the spot. I admit I was skeptical at first, until I had my first piece, now I’m hooked! This can be considered gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and low carb. It can’t get much better then that!
- 2 Cups of almond meal OR 2 Cups of Gluten Free Brown Rice Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh or dry rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 pound of Italian Seasoned Turkey (ground) – I used the “Jenny O” brand
- 2 crookneck yellow squash, diced
- 3 green Onions
- 1 Cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup of jarred roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups organic, gluten free marinara sauce ( Muir Glen is my favorite brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a spoon mix all of your crust ingredients until it becomes very thick. Use your hands to form it into a ball
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or pizza pan with olive oil. Place the ball of dough in the center of your pan. Using your hands push and pat the ball into a circle. Make it as THIN AS POSSIBLE.
- Bake the crust in oven for 20 minutes
- While the crust is cooking, prepare your toppings. Brown the meat in a skillet and chop all veggies.
- After the crust is done remove it from the oven and spread the marinara sauce over the crust.
- Add the meat and all veggies. Spread toppings evenly over the crust and bake again for 25-30 minutes.
Although this pizza can be time consuming, it totally worth the time!! It’s satisfying and works great with multiple types of eating plans. Share this fitness tip with your friends or family members that have restricted diets or are trying to eat healthier. This recipe was taken from the book “Everyday Paleo,” however, I have adapted the recipe in several ways.
“We Love Helping You, One Tip At A Time.”