You’ve heard of walnut crusted, and almond crusted salmon but pistachio crusted salmon takes it to a whole new level! To keep this recipe gluten free I’ve traded out the panko bread crumbs for gluten free bread crumbs. I’ve also added in my own version of healthy fat. Making these small changes could make a huge difference in your results!
Prep time: 35 – 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients for Pistachio Crusted Salmon
- 1 pound of cut of salmon – skin on
- 2 tablespoons of ground mustard
- 1/2 cup of pistachios (shelled)
- 1/4 cup of gluten free bread crumbs (panko style if possible)
- 1 lemons juiced
- 2 tablespoons of oil – I use MCT oil (which is a very refined source of coconut oil that doesn’t taste like coconut)
- Salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your salmon on a baking sheet, skin down. Next, mix the lemon juice and mustard in a bowl and spread it on top of each piece of salmon.
- Chop the pistachios in a food processor or blender. Next, mix the nuts, bread crumbs, oil, salt and pepper together. The mixture should be slightly wet so it sticks to the top of the fish.
- Spread the pistachio mixture on top of the mustard /lemon mixture.
- Place the salmon in the oven and allow to bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until done.
Cooking Tips: Don’t forget that fish needs a minimum of 5 minutes to rest. The fish will continue to cook outside the oven during this period.
This recipe for Pistachio crusted salmon is a keeper! Whether you’re trying to impress your guests or just trying to mix up your healthy eating plan, this is a true crowd pleaser. Make sure you share it with your friends or print it for your own recipe collection.