The weekends have the ability to make or break your weight loss and health efforts. One bad weekend could keep you from losing those pounds you worked so hard to lose during the week! Of course, making better choices all week long is the best option, but for many, that’s not realistic. This low carb recipe, can help you get a jump start on the week by helping you balance out some of the unhealthy meals you had over the weekend. No carb wraps are gluten free, dairy free, and low calorie.
Fitness Tips – Swiss chard, like spinach, is dense in vitamin A, C, K, folate, potassium, iron and fiber. It’s considered a super food for its anti cancer qualities also.
Hate chard? That’s ok, you can use Large romaine leaves, collard greens, or kale leaves.
Low Carb Recipe – No Carb Wraps
Recipe serves 1 – 2
- 1 – 2 leaves
- 1/2 small can of albacore tuna or any other meat choice.
- 4 slices of cucumber – thinly chopped length wise for easier wrapping
- 4 slices of tomato
- 1 tablespoon of hummus (optional)
- Lettuce for extra crunch
- Veganaise (if you are using tuna)
- Wash and pat dry as many leaves as you think you will need (1 -2 )
- Lay the leaves flat
- Place your hummus on the bottom
- Fill with your choice of meat – If you are using tuna, use about half of a 6 oz can mixed with 1 tablespoon of veganaise (or your choice of mayonnaise)
- Stack the thinly sliced cucumber on top followed by tomato. Feel free to add additional veggies.
- Next fold the bottom of the leaf in first, then roll your leave up.
- You can use a tooth pick to hold the leaves in place until you eat.
Fit Tips: If you love this love carb recipe, make extra. You’re already doing the work to make one so why not stuff 4 -5 more and place them in the fridge as snacks, or meals for the next day?
This low carb recipe is easy, cheap, and refreshing. You’d be amazed at how one little change in your routine (such as adding in some low carb snacks and meals) can make all the difference. Feel free to spread the fitness love with you friends, via our share link above 😉