I know, it’s only day 10 of 2013, but I have embarked on the best diet, ever. Did I say ever, I mean, EVER!
I would like to just put out a disclaimer, because I’m only on day 2 of said diet, but it’s working and I don’t feel faint. Positive #1!
Diets always make me feel like I’m slowly torturing my body from the inside out because you usually are by basically starving yourself. That’s why this is not a diet, but a “diet”. I ate so much food this holiday season that I didn’t even know I could spell the word starving, much less say it. In turn, I have gained weight, well, I’ve mostly gained cellulite. So it was time to change things up, but I didn’t want to do a cleanse. I like eating and I need to chew food to feel satisfied(That’s a Bianca fun fact, more fact than fun at times). So, what did I do?
I picked up a cook book. Don’t judge me yet, not any old cook book, but Timothy Ferriss’ new book The 4 Hour Chef. There were so many amazing recipes and about 90% of them were based around The Slow Carb Diet. Basically Tim created a diet that is scientific yet manageable and DELICIOUS!! That’s a plus for me, a huge one, I like food and I want to enjoy it. And with The Slow Carb Diet you can.
Here are the basic rules:
1. Avoid “white” starchy carbohydrates(or those that can be white). This means no bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, or grains.
*Seems hard, but it’s not. He substitutes fats in and legumes(I LOVE BEANS!)
2. Eat the same few meals over and over again, especially for breakfast and lunch. You already do this, you’re just picking default menus.
*Who doesn’t love leftovers? I made some cauliflower mash and I can’t wait to eat it for lunch tomorrow.
3. Don’t drink calories. Exception, 1-2 glasses of dry wine.
*A diet where you can consume alcohol?! Yes please! Bring on the Pinot!
4. Don’t eat fruit. Fructose leads to more body fat, even if it’s natural. Your ancestors did it, you can too.
*I suggest taking supplements, so does Tim.
5. Have a day off. Tim’s fans have coined the word “Faturday” for Saturday. I am looking forward to this cheat day.
*You can’t go cold turkey on anything and with this diet you don’t have to.
Exercise Tip: If you’re feeling sluggish because of your lack of carb intake, it’ll pass, but coffee is allowed on this diet. Black or with a little unsweetened almond milk. This will help you get to the gym. Work out, I promise you won’t faint. This diet works people!