Although spending money on things associated with fitness can help to motivate you and keep you healthy; it can get extremely expesive! Shoes, towels, active clothing and ipods can all drain your bank account at a rapid pace, so, here’s our top 7 ways to cut your spending while your getting and staying in shape.
- Prevent the break down of your shoes by wearing inserts that support your posture, feet, and keep your body inline. Our favorites are called “Super Feet.”
- Buy Good quality clothing that can last a long time. Buying 10 pairs of exercise pants that are low quality will give you variety but if they aren’t quality they will fade and diminish in a short period of time. My personal favorite for both shorts and pants is the Nike brand. They are sewn well and the colors stay bold for long amounts of time.
- Buy used gym equipment. Millions of people every year spend money on fitness equipment they don’t use. So if you are a fitness fanatic, check out “Craig’s List” for used products.
- Sham towels. REI sells a towel that pulls the sweat away from your body. Swimmers also use them because they are durable and efficient. Don’t spend money on towels at the gym that will fall apart over time.
- Car Pool – Love to go to the gym but hate the commute??? Chances are so does your friend so save money on gas and get a little outside motivation and accountability.
- Join Up With Your Friend – Getting a joint membership at the gym can save you and your friend or family member money.
- Bring Your Own Filtered Water– Filtering your own water at home with a high quality filtration system can help you cut costs. Not to mention that you can also bring your own bottle, help the environment and cut out that bottle tax from your grocery bill.
Everyone loves to save money. If you have some extra points for our readers, feel free to leave comments!