The cornerstone to a well rounded diet is protein. Protein balances your blood sugar, and gives you the building blocks to repair and build lean muscle mass. Use my top 5 picks for rub recipes to make all your lean meats taste amazing.
This first rub recipes comes from the Food Network and Bobbi Fley. It’s a standard rub that you can use on many different types of meats but especially those fun BBQ recipes that go great on the grill.
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon granulated onion
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white pepper
Mix the ingrediants together and use on your favorite rack of ribs, steaks, and all your red meat needs.
Affectionately named magic dust, this combination of spices turns boring meats into magic in your mouth. Make sure to double or even triple your recipe to keep some around the house to use as a rub, and a seasoning mix for everything from vegetables to popcorn and more!
For meat dishes, this goes well with chicken dishes but feel free to spread the magic around and use it on a variety of meats.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL paprika
- 1/4 cup/60 mL kosher salt, finely ground
- 1/4 cup/60 mL sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL mustard powder
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chili powder
- 1/4 cup/60 mL ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup/60 mL granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cayenne
Fish Rub Recipe
Martha Stewart has a great versatile recipe for a fish rub. Many of the fish seasoning also work well with white meats such as pork and chicken, so feel free to whip up a batch of this mixture to use for months to come.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, plus sprigs for garnishing
- 2-pound fillet of striped bass or red snapper, skin intact
- Lime wedges, for garnishing
Not all rub recipes have to be entirely made of dry ingredients. This recipe is a garlic lovers dream.
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
Love Coffee and Cocoa? Who doesn’t love at least one of those !? Trader Jo’s also makes a version of this rub. So if you’re short on time you can buy their prepared combination. Here’s the version I found on Fix.com
Use this rub for a delicious flavor addition to roasts or beef tenderloins.
Best Used On: Roasts, beef tenderloin, and even chicken.
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp ground coffee
½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp Kosher salt
Directions: Blend all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside until ready to use.
These rub recipes are definitely a keeper! Print them, save them, or post them so you can use them for all your dishes.