The age old curtsy isn’t just for greeting people anymore. The Curtsy Squat has many different versions that all work amazingly well to firm those hard to reach places! Use this exercise to throw your body for a loop and get killer results from this multi-plane exercise.
Below are static pictures with instructions. Don’t forget to scroll to the end of the page for the Trainer Tips!
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, hands on hips.
- Cross right leg behind body and to the left so that inner thighs touch.
- Bend left knee 90 degrees, toes pointing forward, then return to starting position.
- Raise right leg out to the side as high as you can without shifting your hips; keep left leg straight and knee soft.
- Return to starting position; switch sides and repeat
* To Increase the intensity hold a weight in each hand.
*Use the front leg as your stable leg and focus all the pressure and weight from your body onto the front heal.
*Always push up from the heal of the front leg. This will activate the side of your butt which can enhance the “ever coveted dent” in the side of your butt.
*Keep your stomach tight through out the whole exercise to increase stability and work the core muscles (abs).
This exercise has worked wonders for me AND my clients! If you love this exercise please share these fitness tips with your friends on facebook, pinterest and around the web! “We love helping you one tip at a time! “
Leave a Reply