On a recent trip to Kiehl’s, I noticed a new face mask in a glowing orange glass jar. Upon reading the ingredients I quickly realized that most of the ingredients were in my pantry. Chances are, they’re also in yours! It’s simple to make, and can be created and applied within 5 minutes. Who needs a 40 dollar face mask when Fit Tip Daily bring the formula right to you! Use these recipes for making your own skin balancing and brightening turmeric face masks.
Fade the Appearance of Acne Scare
While turmeric has been widely used as an internal supplement for inflammation to digestive issues, it can also help to balance skin tones and fade sun spots and acne scars. Indian brides have been using it for decades before their weddings to brighten and balance their skin before their big day.
Why is this turmeric mask so great?
Turmeric is an amazing antioxidant, and an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent. Honey is also an anti-bacterial and it moisturizes the skin. Milk contains lactic acid, which is an alpha hydroxy acid and it exfoliates the skin. Together, these three ingredients can do wonders.
*Note: If you can’t drink milk then you also shouldn’t apply it to your skin. Use an alternative source such as coconut milk, or rice milk in it’s place.
Will Turmeric Masks Make My Face Turn Orange?
If you combine it with the other ingredients in the recipe provided, you will be fine! Time it correctly and keep it on for 20 minutes. You will need to scrub your hands to get residue off but it won’t take a lot of effort and should come off easily.
Prepping For Your Application
Wash your face well and remove all residue and any makeup. Pull you’re hair back away from your face in a ponytail or with a head band (if you have short hair). Wear a shirt that can get stained.
How to Apply Your Turmeric Mask
Coat your face evenly and don’t forget to place the mask under your eyes! It’s great for dark circles and puffiness. Wash your hands after applying and wait 20 minutes, allowing the mask to dry. Rinse your face well and pat dry with a darker towel (just incase you missed some).
If you have any of your mask left over, feel free to place it in the fridge. It should stay good for 2-3 days.
3 Versions of Turmeric Masks
*Acne Be Gone Mask
Turmeric Coconut Oil Face Mask for Acne
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 tsp of Vitamin C Powder or 1 tsp of lemon juice (add a little at a time until desired consistency)
- 3 teaspoons of Coconut Oil or Coconut milk
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Spread turmeric mixture onto your face, leave for 20 mins.
- Rinse with warm water using a washcloth to scrub away excess.
- Finish off with cold water to close pores (source).
Turmeric Face Mask With Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of milk (or natural yoghurt)
Optional ingredients to add – following readers questions, you can add to the above mixture 1 tsp. of lemon juice (helps lighten the skin and good for oily skin) and/or a few drops of tea tree essential oil if you suffer from acne (source).
Turmeric Face Mask With Honey, Milk, Flour
1. Mix flour, turmeric, honey and milk to make a paste
- 2 tablespoons of flour. You can use regular flour, rice flour, coconut flour or anything that is un-reactive on your skin. Stay away from flours that you may have an allergy to.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons milk. Choose a milk that your body agrees with.
- A few drops of honey (source).
Apply evenly and wait 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
This is an all natural way to make your skin rebalance and glow! Use these easy recipes for turmeric masks and keep your cash while potentially saving hundreds in skin products!