Most of you have no idea what a “Vampire Facelift,” or “Vampire facial,” is. It’s become all the rage here in Los Angeles and it could be a much safer option to botox, fillers, and facelifts. The Vampire facial is also know as PRP. This procedure has very low risk, isn’t invasive, and it’s using the restorative fluids from your own body to help rebuild, heal, and replenish.
How does the Vampire Facelift Work?
First off, you don’t need to be getting a senior discount to embark on better skin. Anyone can do this treatment and all age groups see benefits!
The minimal procedure starts by removing 1 – 2 standard vials of your own blood. They then spin the blood to separate the platelets. The platelets are removed to be applied as a super healing agent. A layer of numbing gel is spread over your skin, then using a series of fine needles the size of acupuncture needles the skin is pierced to allow palates and antioxidant serum to absorb deep into the layers of skin.
Think of this last part as a tattooing process (with finer needles). Instead of ink, you are using platelets.
You can watch as Kim from the Kardashians gets a vampire facial (without numbing cream).
Now that you’ve seen the process, let’s review the benefits!
Benefits of a Vampire Facial
- Minimal / Temporary pain
- Cheaper then other procedures such as plastic surgery, botox and fillers
- More Natural – since it’s using your own blood the dangers of rejecting the material (such as botox and fillers) are minimal
- Stimulates collagen and elastin fiber growth, which gives the skin a clearer, fuller look to minimize lines and scars.
The Process of Getting a Vampire Facial
- Like many other facials, the skin is cleaned, exfoliated and a toner is applied.
- Next a process similar to Microderm abrasion is used to remove the layer of dead skin cells at a deeper level. This is all part of the treatment called, dermaplaning.
- Then, hydration of the skin.
- A super powerful antioxidant serum is spread across the skin. This is so that when the micro needles pierce the skin the antioxidant serum also goes deep into the layers.
- The dermapen takes about 15 minutes. While the piercing the skin droplets of your own platelets are spread over your skin.
- Skin is cleaned and a cooling mask is applied and the procedure is over.
*This procedure may vary based on the dermatologist.
It’s been reported that with the numbing cream, it’s virtually painless except around certain areas such as the nose and eye area.
As reported on another site, you will appear to look “sunburned” for about 24 hours. However, after that fades away you are left with absolutely glowing skin!
So is it worth it? Could this vampire facial be the natural healer to bring back the vitality and glow to skin without harsh additives, procedures and fake fillers? I haven’t done this myself. However, people I know who have tried the vampire facial are raving about it!
On a side note, I am using a similar procedure to correct scar tissue and joint issues in my knee. I will have a follow up post on that soon! If you are looking for an amazing doctor for the vampire facial and other PRP therapies in the LA and Pasadena area, Dr. Lee does an amazing job. Visit his site Drleend.com for more information.