The traditional style of cardio machines ranges from the bike, treadmill, stair-stepper, and elliptical. However, 4 years ago a new machine hit gyms; the treadclimber. The machine was advertised as “walk the new run.” Meaning, that you burn the same amount of cardio walking as you would running. Here’s how it works and why it’s one of the greatest cardio machines invented today.
How it works:
- The machine is equip with two pedals (much like an elliptical)
- Each pedal has a revolving treadmill band.
- While the treadmill bands revolve, you walk and step at the same time.
- This machine is a stair-stepping motion mixed with a treadmill’s walking motion.
- The depth of the stepping motion can either be increased or decreased.
- The speed of the treadmill bands can also be changed to increase or decrease the speed of the walk.
How It Feels:
- Unlike the typical treadmill, the treadclimber has little to no, jarring affect. This means, its better on your joints (similar to an elliptical).
- The forward motion of the treadclimber, along with the stepping motion, feels as though you are walking in sand.
- If your legs are uneven (meaning you have one stronger leg; most people do) then the treadclimber will feel as though you’re lopsided. However, because each leg has to work independently; this will improve your muscle balance and strengthen the week leg.
- Even though you are walking on this machine, after five minute you will notice that you become winded and realize why it burns so many calories.
Why This Machine Is So Great:
- Improve muscle balance: If you think that’s not important , then think again! Imbalances in your muscle can cause all kinds of back, hip, knee, and ankle, shoulder, and neck problems (kinetic chain).
- Burn more calories with little to no impact: For those people who struggle with joint problems, this machine gives you the workout you need with no pain.
- Improve muscle tone: The treadclimber is a great workout! Since it focuses on your lower body, you will see big changes in your legs. The stepping motion not only works your calves and quads, it also focus on your glute (butt).
I am proud to say that I own one of these ingenious machines …. I love the results I have gotten. Since I have bad knees from numerous sports; it helps me to get an intense workouts with no impact. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Work smarter, not harder.
If you are interested in checking out this machine, go to www.treadclimber.com/”>www.treadclimber.com