This post brought to you by BIC 4-Color pen. All opinions are 100% mine.
The most successful people plan out their meals and prepare ahead of time for the week. You don't have to be an avid body builder to portion out your food (although they do this also). Below you can see what a normal week looks like. You can also get an idea of how mundane it can be. However, eating common foods every day isn't a bad thing if you like what your eating. It's all about creativity and spices. We will also go over some brief "how much should I eat" recommendations as well 🙂
The Average female should intake
- roughly 4 ounces of protein at each main meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- 125 -150 carbs per day
- 35 – 45 grams of fat
- Shouldn't exceed 3/4 cup of starches at each main meal
- Calories with depend on activity and body size. If you are under 5 '3 then I would stay around 1,300 – 1,400 calories. 5 '4 and up to 5 '8 1,500 – 1,700. 5 '9 and up 1,800 – 2,000 calories.
The Average Male – who's trying to lean out should intake
- roughly 6 ounces of protein at each main meal
- 125 – 170 carbs a day
- 40 – 50 grams of fat
- Shouldn't exceed one cup of starches per sitting
- Calories with depend on activity and body size. 5 ' 3 and under – 1,400 – 1,600. 5 '4 and up to 5'8 1,700 – 1,900. 5' 9 and up 2,000 – 2,200
* For males, this all changes when they are in a gain phase.
* These are rough estimates based on height. For people who have a lot of weight to loose you will notice that weight loss programs will give you a bit more to eat.
Can I eat fruit ??
Yes you can in moderation but you still have to keep your carbohydrates in mind! A lot of people think that fruit is a "free" food because it's healthy. It can really hold you back if you're not watching your intake.
How Do I know how many carbs, fat and calories I'm eating ??
You can log them and figure them out the old fashion way, or you can use an online program or an app. Either way, it's essential to losing weight.
Can I have nuts?
You can but I would limit them to 2 – 3 servings a week. This way you don't go over board in the fat area. I also tell clients to pick up the pre measured bags from Trader Joes to avoid over eating them.
Containers and Labeling
While the image above shows standard plastic. I actually prefer to use Glass lock containers to avoid eating out of plastic. If you prefer plastic them make sure you are buying BPA free to avoid the off gassing of the plastic into your food.
To get even more organized I use a BIC® 4-Color™ to write on the containers. This becomes helpful when you have a lot of containers in the fridge and your always in a hurry (like me). 4 Inseparable Colors in 1 Pen means that you get to choose the color you want in an instant! Press the button and the BIC® 4-Color™ instantly changes to the color of your choice. Pick from red, green, blue or red . You can even color coordinate based on each indivudual in the household. Store one in the kitchen, one in the bathroom, and one in the bedroom to keep the color coordination through out the house. Personally, red is my favorite because it stands out on my tape labels and is easy to see. However, changing lables to white or using masking tape will help all colors be seen easily.
Staying organized with all of your fitness meals and gear just got that much easier! Share this article with your firends and family. Spread the fitness love!
Healthy and Happy,