About 60-70% of people at the gym are doing something wrong. Sure, as fitness professionals, we try our best to let them know, but the reality is, we don’t always have the time to correct them. Another problem is ego, not everyone wants to be told they are doing an exercise incorrectly. For one reason or another, seeing things in written form (such as this site) allows the reader to absorb the information and make their adjustments. The point of this article is to help you burn more calories, lose weight faster, and help you move from beginner to expert in no time.
- Holding onto the cardio machine – whether its the treadmill, elliptical or the stair stepper, holding on to the machine takes away the unstable factor. This one factor can actually aid in TONS of calorie burning. If you aren’t ready to let go them try using your finger tips instead of a death-grip.
- Wearing bad shoes – How does this translate into calories??? Simple, by wearing worn shoes that fall victim to muscle imbalances, it further aids you body into using certain muscles in your legs. Wearing good quality shoes forces you to use all the muscles in your legs to maximize calorie burning.
- Listening to slow music – There’s a reason why your gym sounds like a night club! It’s been proven that fast beats promote exercise at a faster tempo. So if you are listening to your own downloads, minimize your John Mayor to your Sunday afternoon.
- Not Drink Your Water – No sweating??? Then your not burning! Increase your water intake so your body can heat to a high enough temperature to burn calories. If you can’t heat up then you can’t burn the fat.
- Lifting Too Fast – If you look like you are having convulsions on the weight machine then you’re doing it too fast!!! In order to get strength gains while lifting weights you must do them at a controlled rate. A good rule of thumb is to count 2 counts on the push / or pull …. then 4 counts when you are using gravity to release the weight.
- Lack Of Oxygen– too many people hold their breath while lifting or while doing intervals during cardio. This lack of oxygen slows the Kreb cycle (calorie burning process) and also makes you tired faster. Oxygen is the key to exercise so use it to your advantage.
- Not Wearing Gloves – Although they may look “over the top” using gloves actually helps you lift more weight for longer. The added grip, and padding help your arms to avoid burnout due to grip, and forearm strength. You will be able to burn more calories if you can lift longer.
- Avoiding Classes – classes at the gym were designed to keep your heart rate up for maximum calorie burning. If you are avoiding taking these classes due to fear then you could be cheating yourself out of losing weight.
- Not Setting goals– Don’t have a goal??? Then you don’t have a destination. Goals are the key to extended weight loss. Make several mini goals prer week. Stick to them and watch the scale go down.
- Create a community– Research has shown that having a comunity around you while exercising and losing weight, is the key to keeping your weight loss on track! Whether it’s the staff at the gym, the other gym goers, your friends, or a class, people thrive in groups with common goals. Who’s your community???
Sweat off the weight with these tips to lose. Even if you know some of these key points, reading and refreshing them in your brain makes them concrete and new again. Follow them, print them out and put them somewhere you frequently see. You will be on your path to weight loss in not time!