I currently love playing games on my Wii Nintendo system. So, when Wii released the new “My Fitness Coach” I was excited to try it out. However, the game was a pretty big let down for me. Here are our “Pros” and “Cons.”
- You can change the background music and workout area.
- You can select different types of equipment to use (step, heart rate monitor, dumbbells, stability ball)
- The trainer asks your opinion on the workout and adjusts the levels accordingly.
- Has 450 exercises
- Has Different modes of exercise including upper body weight lifting, lower body weight lifting, Core exercises, cardio routines, and yoga.
- You can track your measurements.
- The game lacks the original luster of the wii system. There are no sensors so the game doesn’t know if your are actually doing the exercises or just sitting on the couch.
- The workout routines are repetitive. I chose the 15 minute yoga routine and did the same 3 exercises for the whole time.
- You can not set the game based on limitations. If you have joint problems the game does not cater to you.
- Unlike workout DVDs you can’t skip forward in the routine or back.
- The game might be a bit advanced for people who are beginers
Although this game is better then the last fitness game I played for the Wii; they still have a lot of work to do if they want to be competitive in the fitness industry. If you are thinking about buying this game then expect it to be more like a workout DVD then an interactive workout. I am still waiting for Nintendo to release a game that comes with wrist sensors and ankle sensors. This way the game would track your movements. I would love it if they came out with an interactive kickboxing routine.
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)