Hamstrings are often the “forgotten muscle.” There are many articles out there for a “better butt” or “killer abs,” but the hamstrings get left out. Hamstrings play a necessary role in everyday functions such as bending over, squatting, and lifting your body out of bed. Definition in this part of your body creates that sleek sexy curve on the back of your legs, it also gives you that beautiful line that runs through your thigh and adds a special touch to bathing suites and shorts. If you haven’t been focused on it thus far, then you are missing a key ingredient to sexy legs! This fitness tip outlines this basic, yet effective exercise to get you ready to bare some skin in the sunny months and shed those excess layers.
1 Leg Dead Lift
* Start with a weight in each hand (beginners should try it without weight)
*Lift one leg off the ground
*Keep your leg slightly bent. Bend over and keep your eyes focuses on a fixed object to keep your balance.
*Your back should remain flat as you use the opposite leg to counter balance.
*Return to starting position and squeeze your glutes(butt) at the top of the motion.
Repeat this exercise 12-15 times on each leg for a total of 2-3 sets.
- Thee most important part of the exercise is to squeeze your glutes (butt) at the top of the motion.
- Keep your stomach tight for the duration of the exercise to aid in balance and to activate your core (abs). Activation of the core muscles will increase calorie burning and help to firm your abs at the same time!
- Breath out on the way up.
- Focus all the pressure on the heal of the foot that is being used. This signals the body to activate the back of your leg and butt.
Add this fitness tip to your workout routine. As you start to get better, try increasing the weight in increments of 2.5lbs or 5 Lbs. Always strive to get stronger and to push yourself to the next level!
Leave a Reply