America is plagued with obesity and diabetes. The United States survived numerous wars, bad presidents, and huge increases in gas prices; However it’s losing the war against fat. One of the biggest factors in this epidemic is the increase in fast food chains. Our ever busy lives sometime leave us dependent on “fast food” and quick fixes for dinner. So if you’re going to eat out then here are the worst foods to avoid at all costs!
“Top 10 Wost Fast Food Meals
1. Let’s start with the McDonald’s Deluxe Breakfast…shall we? The deluxe breakfast at McDonald’s includes sausage, eggs and pancakes asphyxiated in margarine and syrup, with a biscuit and hash browns. This can actually work to your advantage if consumed occasionally (like four times a year). However, the total of this tasty breakfast meal at “the house Ronald McDonald built” is 1220 calories, with 550 total fat (17 g. saturated fat). Enjoy it now—this is going to hurt you later.
2. Burger King’s Triple Whopper with Cheese is the ideal example of the more, the better. If we were to look at Whopper with Cheese, the calorie intake alone is 760, with 47 g. fat (16 g. saturated fat). With the Triple Whopper with Cheese, we’re looking at 1230 calories with 82 g. fat (32 g. saturated fat). This doesn’t even include French fries.
The Deadly Triple Whopper
3. The Taco Bell Fiesta Taco Salad is on the top 10 worst fast food meals list? What’s the world coming to when you can’t even enjoy a refreshing, crisp salad without someone wagging a finger at you? Unfortunately, “salad” is just a moniker (in this case) for potpourri of unhealthy delicacies. This meal is in the neighborhood of 860 calories, with 46 g. of fat (14 g. saturated fat).
4. Stuffed Crust Meat Lover’s Pie from Pizza Hut can do a hurting on your arteries. Two slices alone contain 82 g. of fat (22 g. saturated fat) with 1,000 calories.
5. Caramel Pecanbon from Cinnabon has nothing on Wheaties in the health department. We’re talking 1,100 calories (56g. total fat), with practically no nutrients of worth whatsoever.
“I think I just got a cavity just by looking at this Cinnabon roll”
6. Boston Market may provide healthy meals, but the delicious Chicken Pot Pie has 750 calories, with 46g. fat (14 g. saturated fat).
Boston Market Chicken Pot Pie – “Bringing the Hurt”
7. Subway, with nerdy, bespectacled Jared as a spokesperson, endorses healthy meals at affordable prices constantly. However, the 6-inch Double Meat Classic Tuna slipped through the “eat fresh” cracks with clinging cheese and plenty of mayonnaise to clog an artery at a flick of a shred of lettuce. This “cardiac arrest waiting to happen” delicacy contains 790 calories, with 55g fat (16 g saturated fat). I suppose Jared the poster boy avoided this selection during his celebrated diet.
8. The ExtravaganZZa Feast from Domino’s is a deep-dish pizza, with ham, pepperoni, onion, mushrooms, black olives, beef, sausage and extra cheese. With only two slices, we’re talking about 860 calories, and 46 g. of fat (17 g. saturated fat).
9. The Mashed Potato Bowl with Gravy from KFC has more fat than the fried chicken with 690 calories and 31 g. of fat (9 g. saturated fat).
“I’m on a diet, I’ll just eat the mash potato bowl?”
10. Dairy Queen is popular for their cool, creamy treats that can satisfy a craving like nothing else in the dessert business. Imagine serving of 1290 calories, with 500 g. of fat (39 g. saturated fat). That’s what you will get with the Caramel CheeseQuake Blizzard to match the quake of your hips, backside and love handles.
Bill Cosby said it best when he cried, “I am what I ate, and I’m frightened.” We all have our weaknesses when it comes to fast food delicacies and desserts. However, the health and diet consequences may not be worth the price of satisfying a fast food crave on a routine basis.
What is on your list of fast food that make you fat?”
Who would have thought that something as simple as a friendly blizzard could send you to the ER in 20 years? Think I’m exaggerating? Chances are if you can finish a whole blizzard with 50 grams of fat and not run to the bathroom then your body is used to this type of food, otherwise you would be throwing it up. Either that or you would be ill all day long. If your body can handle 50 grams of fat in one sitting then you need to seriously re evaluate your eating habits QUICK!