No one seems to want to wake up early and exercise anymore. Is it our jobs? Our family life? Or has everyone just put their health needs on the back burner? Well Here are 5 reasons to get out of bed early and into the swing of things with some energy…
- It’s usually a peaceful, quiet time of day, so it can be a great opportunity to think and get some time alone.
- Exercising in the morning can help wake up your brain, clear your mind, and help you organize your thoughts or your mental to-do list for the day.
- If you get it done first thing, then you won’t have to worry about trying to squeeze it in to your busy schedule, especially if you have kids. Plus, studies have shown morning exercisers are more consistent.
- Exercising helps get things moving, digestively speaking, so working out early can prevent getting backed up later on in the day.
- Since working out on an empty stomach can cause you to lose muscle, morning workouts will encourage you to eat breakfast, which has been proven to boost your metabolism, which helps to burn calories. (credit)
Start you day off right with a boost of energy to tackle all of life’s challenges. Remember, not to make excuses for staying in bed. Instead think of all the reasons to get up and exercise… no one ever says, ” I wish I didn’t exercise today.”