Medicine ball exercises can spice up any exercise routine. Use these medicine ball swing squats and push ups to add some power, stability and strength training to your everyday routine.
Medicine Ball Swing Squat
- Start in a standing position, feet a little wider then hip width apart
- Hold the medicine ball in both hands Arms Extended.
- Squat down and bring the medicine ball between your legs, Chest up, and arms straight.
- Stand Quickly while swinging the ball over head. Squeeze your butt at the top of the movement and breath out.
- Preform 12 – 15 of these with 3 sets (to lean up). If you are looking to gain size, use a heavier ball and do only 8-12 reps, 3 sets.
Trainer Tips: To get more core work out of this exercise, pull the ball back behind the ears and arch your back slightly (you will have to bend your elbows at this point). If you have a bad back or you don’t want to do the extra arch, you can allow your arms to stop straight above your head.
Medicine Ball Push-ups
- Start in normal push up position with one had on the medicine ball. Stomach should be tight and butt should be contracted.
- Perform a pushup with one hand on the ball. Try to get your elbow to make a 90 degree angle before coming back up.
- Next, roll the ball towards the opposite hand and repeat the push up.
- Try to do 12 -16 of these 3 sets.
Trainer Tip : If you can’t do these on your toes then do them on your knees and build up! Exercise is all about progress
Medicine balls cost between 15 -30 dollars and they add so much diversity to an exercise routine. You can pick one up in the Fit Tip Store. We provide free shipping and the best prices online!