I recently posted an article about Madonna’s workout routine. Gwyneth Paltrow has also jumped on the workout wagon with her. Here is an article which details a 6 weekplan to help you tackle you body fat and get in Fab shape for summer!
These tips come courtesy of Madonna’s trainer Tracey Anderson. Anderson swears by high reps and low weight in order to tone muscle without bulk. Keep in mind that “toning” is just a fancy word for “body fat loss.”
The Workout: While following this plan six times a week, use 3-pound weights, max. Anderson explains, “It’ll get you to your tiniest, tightest point without overdeveloping muscles.” Get video footage of the workout [below] at tracyandersonmethod.com (upper right hand corner).
WEEK 1: Make a 20-minute iPod playlist and do a different cardio activity (treadmill sprints, jumping rope, running on a trampoline) for each song. Switching activities will keep any one group of muscles from bulking up. “You should be dripping sweat and taking very few breaks,” she advises.
Get crunching! Do these three moves on a mat:
- Lie flat on back, legs straight, then bend legs and pull to chest, feeling exertion in abs (50 reps).
- With legs at 90-degree angle, do 50 crunches.
- Lie with legs straight, feet apart. As you slightly lift one foot, crunch straight up and down; return foot to floor and lift the other while crunching. Do 60 times, each side.
Tone. Do 100 reps each, or 200 for moves that alternate sides:
- With feet shoulder-width apart, hold arms out in a T and rotate palms from -facing floor to ceiling.
- In same stance, bend one wrist and pull across body, arm straight, in a smacking motion across your body. Alternate arms.
- Then, with arms straight behind you, palms to-gether, snap your wrists from side to side.
- Hold a 3-pound weight above your head with elbow bent at a 90-degree angle. Then lift weight straight over head. Do all reps on one side, then switch arms.
- With weight in hand, hold one arm out in a T, bend at elbow to cover eyes, then straighten, keeping arm lifted. Do all reps on one arm; switch.
- Do grand pliés: Stand with feet -shoulder-width apart, toes pointing out. With hands on hips and back straight, slowly bend knees until thighs are parallel to floor.
WEEKS 2–6:Increase cardio 10 minutes each week, so by week six, you’re up to 60 minutes daily, plus toning exercises (credit)
Most people have a fascination with celebrities. They love to follow their fashion sense, their eating habits, and workouts. If celebrities motivate you into doing exercise, then use it as a tool to get and stay fit!
Personally, there are some aspects of this workout that I don’t agree with. I believe in calorie consumption verses calorie burning. In, other words, you must burn more than you consume to lose weight. You can “tone” all you want but if you don’t get your diet in check then you aren’t going to see results PERIOD! Make sure that whatever routine you decide to follow; you follow a healthy eating plan with portion control.