Having a large waist line has been associated with heart disease, diabetes, and other horrible diseases. Having a flat stomach isn’t all about vanity, it’s now become a link to longevity. While many know that a trim waist line can make you appear years younger, few know the ground rules for shedding belly fat.
Here is a list of all the things you should be doing to decrease your waist line. Out of the 8 below how many are you following??? Following all them and it can help you get into smaller size in no time!
- Get Enough Sleep – Yeah, yeah, you’ve heard this a million times…. However, sleep is related to the hormone cortisol. This hormone is your best friend in stressful situations and your worst enemy when you’re trying to lose belly fat. Lack of sleep turns this stress hormone on over drive which signals your body to store fat (to protect your organs). Decreasing your sleep turns up your internal stress. Make sure your getting your Zzzzzs!
- Eat Through Out The Day – Are you unprepared, super busy, or a total work horse??? You’re mom probably doesn’t pack your lunch anymore and I’m certain that your personal chef doesn’t exsist. In both cases, you need to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF 😉 Pack your food and your snacks. Set the alarm on your phone or watch and take time out to eat! Having consistent meals means that your blood sugar stays level all day long. Eating 1-2 large meals is horrible for your blood sugar, and adds excess weight to your belly.
- Take Your Calcium – Consuming this mineral (1,500 – 2000 mg) will help you lower your stress hormone (cortisol) internally. This will help you get more restful sleep and help your body shed excess fat as you snooze.
- Drink Your Water – If you don’t drink enough you will store water weight like crazy! Make sure you are getting at least 8 glasses a day to ward off extra water retention.
- Avoid Sodium – Sodium is in everything! Processed foods are the one of your biggest enemies. Make sure you are staying mindful of the sodium in your foods.
- Sweat It Out – Not getting your daily burn in? Working up a sweat has the ability to burn up that extra sugar floating around in your blood steam and push out the excess sodium. Try to do something that makes you sweat everyday!
- Slow Down On The Carbs – Slow processing carbs such as veggies, beans, and brown rice, are your BEST FRIEND! Avoid white foods, and over processed breads. Carbs store water! The more carbs you eat, the more water you store!
- Cut Out The Late Night Comfort Foods – While we all love to go to bed in a foggy carb coma , its the absolute WORST thing for belly fat. Eating starchy foods before bed turns down your Human Growth Hormone. This is what I call the “pretty hormone.” It’s responsible for soft vibrant skin, lean muscles, and an overall youthful glow. Who doesn’t want that!? If you turn it off it slows down muscle recovery and growth and turn up fat storing.
If you aren’t doing at least half of these they you are in deep trouble! All you have to do is look down at your midsection. If it’s plaguing you then it’s time you printed out this sheet, stuck it on your fridge and made a mental note each day. Don’t feel silly about reminding yourself on a daily basis to stay healthy, lean, and in control of your health!