Jillian and Bob from “The Biggest Loser” have definately changed how the world perceives trainers. Both have made their mark on tv and also through fitness products. The newest endeavor for Jillian can be seen in your local super market. It seems as though we have been flooded with products. The question is… do these products really work? Or, are they just another way to make money?
Here’s the picture I took at Rite Aid. As you can see, these products aren’t cheap. However, consumers might try it just based on the fact that a well known face is on the box. Lets take a closer look at the ingredients of the Fat Burner….
Maximum Strength Fat Burner Proprietary Blend 509 mg.:
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) Specifically targets abdomen fat and improves muscle development
- White Willow Bark Powder has been used for centuries to reduce pain, fever and inflammation.
- Grapefruit Extract is used as a remedy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, there is no evidence that Grapefruit Extract promotes weight loss.
- Bitter Orange gives you a smooth flow of energy without the jitters while also increasing your metabolic rate. Bitter Orange burns fat without bothering other receptors that over-stimulate your heart rate and blood pressure
- Sweet Orange is most effective in treating flatulence, constipation, stress, dull skin and a slow digestive system
- Coleus Foskohlii Leaf Extract increases lean body mass and optimizes body composition
- Tribulus Terrestris Root Extract has been used for centuries to treat impotence, improve mood, and increase overall health. It is a natural way increase testosterone levels and muscle mass without taking hormones.
Proprietary Xanthine Complex 493.00 mg:
- Yerba Mate Leaf acts as a stimulant and digestive aid.
- Coffee Bean Extract is high in polyphenols which reduces free oxygen radicals in the body- a major cause of accelerated aging. Green coffee extract has been shown in research to support normal cellular regeneration and growth. Green coffee extract is high in chlorogenic and caffeic acid, two primary compounds responsible for the activity of green coffee.
- Guarana Seed Extract is an exceptional source of natural caffeine, by stimulating the nervous system Guarana can boost the body’s metabolism and act as an appetite suppressant
- Cocoa Seed Extract is associated with mood elevation and appetite suppression.
Other Incredients: Rice Flour, magnesium stearate, Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Gelatin, Titanium Dioxide, Riboflavin
After reading the ingredients, as well as, how they work. This product appears to be one of the best out their. However, there is always an issue when it comes to fillers. The ingredients listed at the bottom would be considered your “fillers.” It hasn’t been determined how much flour has gone into this product. I will say that Jillian did hit the mark by adding mood enhancers to her pill. People might actually stay on this product based on the mere fact that it makes them feel better ( I know I would!).
It should be advised that if you are going to try this product out; make sure you stay well hydrated. The elevated amount of caffeine (although natural) still has the ability to dehydrate your system. Based on dehydration, people will see weight loss pretty fast. However, without a true change in your diet and a consistent exercise routine; this could end up being just another “magic pill” that doesn’t work.
Leave a Reply