Trying to satisfy your pizza urge and stay on your diet can be challenging. This Cauliflower pizza crust will allow you to stay on your healthy eating plan while avoiding gluten, excess carbs, and crusts loaded with fat!
Ingredients Add to grocery list
- Non-stick spray
- 2 ½ cups grated cauliflower (about ½ a large head)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (I used powdered egg substitute)
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella – (I use Vegan Cheese)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (I omitted this to keep it vegan)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup homemade or store bought tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese ( Vegan Cheese)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup basil leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Grate the cauliflower until you have 2 1/2 cups.
Place the cauliflower in a bowl and microwave for 7- 8 minutes. Remove it from the microwave and let it cool.
Mix in the egg (powdered egg substitute), mozzarella (or vegan cheese), Parmesan cheese , and salt and pepper.
Once it’s all combined, prep your pan. Mold the mixture into a 10 inch crust and then spray with olive oil.
Bake until golden brown. It will usually take between 10-15 minutes.
Add your favorite toppings and continue to bake for 10 more minutes. If you are trying to go vegan, I like to use extra firm tofu sliced into small squares as a topping.
This cauliflower pizza crust recipe will SAVE YOU in your time of need!!! I like to make it vegan since I am allergic to dairy. Feel free to add your own creations to the comments section of this article. We LOVE hearing from you!!
Gluten free for life,
CPT, CES, PES, BS