Now you can take the guilt out of eating spinach dip with this great recipe from Oxygen Magazine. Don’t limit it as a dip, you can use it as a low fat spread on wraps, sandwiches or as a dip for veggies!
1 cup smooth low-fat cottage cheese
• 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
• 1 package onion soup mix
• 1 can water chestnuts, chopped and drained
• 1/4 cup grated carrots
• 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed, chopped and drained
1. In a bowl, mix cottage cheese, yogurt and soup mix. Add water chestnuts, carrots and spinach and stir gently.
2. Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
Calories: 150, Total Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 570 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 19 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 17 g, Iron: 2 mg
Reader recipe provided by Lauren Coles. Thanks Lauren!