Need a way to burn off all those extra calories you’re eating over the weekend?? Try this combination move that gets your legs, arms and shoulders burning in no time.
Incorporating dynamic, compound movements into your routine will help you involve your entire body, building strength, power and stability. This squat, curl and press is a compound exercise that works the legs, core, arms and shoulders in one dynamic movement. This is an advanced exercise that requires strength and balance. Take your time and start with lighter weights to perfect the exercise.
- Hold light-medium weights and stand on the right foot with the left foot just behind you, resting on the toe.
- Squat all the way down, touching the weights to the floor while keeping the back straight and the abs contracted.
- Curl the weights up in a biceps curl and then press the weights overhead as you push to a standing position.
- On the upward movement, keep the emphasis on the right leg.
- Lower the weights and repeat the move for 10-16 reps before switching sides.
- Complete 1-3 sets (Source).
This exercise would be fun to do at the gym or even at home. Combination moves like this, help you to burn calories at a quick pace. If you are short on time; try finding several combination moves and putting them together.
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)
cushion cut diamond says