Some people love their “alone time” at the gym, while others thrive with partners or groups of people. Never underestimate how much fun or how much more enjoyable workouts can be with others. Here are some reasons to workout in groups…
- It helps you keep your “date” at the gym. You are more likely to skip out on the gym if you aren’t meeting someone there.
- You won’t feel Alone. It’s so much better to beat yourself up when you know someone is doing the same thing right next to you!
- Make working out a Positive instead of a negative. It’s much easier to convince yourself to workout when you have someone to talk to and vent to.
- Motivation. Some find it motivating to have workout partners that are in better shape then they are. This helps motivate them into better shape and learn new exercises from their seasoned friend.
- Support. When you’re having an “off” day, it’s nice to be able to talk to someone and get advice on life and exercise.
- Compare Notes. Talking to your friends and workout buddies about what’s “working for them” could also help you achieve your goals in the long run.
If you think about it, many people hire gym buddies… personal trainers! Statistically, people who work out with trainers are 75% more likely to keep coming to the gym. So, if you don’t have a gym buddy already then it’s time you found one!