The 80 / 20 rule can apply to various things in your life. In fitness, it applies mainly to eating habits. The rule is simple but practicing it could be a whole different story. Here’s how it works…. 80% of the time you consume “clean,” non processed foods with normal portion sizes. The other 20% percent of the time you eat foods that you know you shouldn’t. We don’t tend to tell people to eat fattening, high caloric foods. However, we know that it’s part of life and a natural occurrence for multiple reasons.
If you stick to this rule (for most) this will help you control your eating habits without
overindulging. Here are some simple tricks to help you with that 80%
If you are committed to looking good and eating right this rule shouldn’t be that hard. If you find that you can’t seem to stick to this ratio, then it might be time to bring in some help. This could mean logging your food, hiring a trainer, or joining a weight loss group. Support can come in all different forms and could be the difference between you wearing a size 30 or 12. Chose wisely and be honest with yourself. Only YOU know how to be successful.