We’ve all thought about taking classes at our local gym, but how many of us can actually say we went? Those who do attend classes will rave about how great they are, how much it has helped them, and how much more confident they feel. However, for many, classes at the gym are intimidating. Here’s some helpful tips to get you into those classes.
- Be Prepared– Watch the class when you go into the gym. This helps you to mentally prepare for what’s to come.
- Ask Other Members– People are generally pretty friendly; ask other members how they like the class. You might even make a new friend and fellow classmate.
- Don’t Be Afraid – If you are intimidated, then find a corner away from the view of others. You don’t have to be perfect, you just have to move!
- Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff – If you can’t do every single move the instructor is making … THAT’S OK. Everyone was a beginner at one point in time. This is still a “learning process.”
- Let Other members and Instructors Know You’re New– Almost all instructors ask before they start a class, “who’s new?” This allows them to give you a helping hand and some extra guidance.
- Take A Buddy – It’s much easier to start something new with someone else. Drag your favorite gym buddy into a class with you.
Classes can be addicting and fun! Try working a class into your workout routine once, or twice a week. This helps you stay motivated and avoid plateaus. Be open minded; take a class… I dare you.
Leave a Reply