What makes high heals, dresses and shorts 10 times better?? Great Calfs! Most people neglect their legs when lifting weights. Women focus on the back of their arms (triceps) and upper thighs, while men are obsessed with their arms and chest. However, great calfs can really be something to top off your “perfect” outfit.
If you want excellent calfs ….
- Do calf raises from all angles. First with feet facing forward, then turned out, and lastly turned in (pigeon toed).
- For Accelerated results: Try doing the calf raises till they burn; then start counting your repetitions.
- Take advantage of the full range of motion. This means, extend all the way up as far as you possibly can and all the way down.
- Focus on Holding the calf raise for one to two seconds at the top of the calf raise.
- To increase the size of your calfs do them multiple times per week with heavy weight (less reps)
- To firm up and define your calfs: use a challenging weight and do more repetitions.
If you aren’t already training your calfs hard, then take an extra 5 minutes every time you workout. You’ll be getting positive feedback in no time!