The best way to stay away from fast food is to know how long it would take you to burn off the calories that could add weight to your body. This calorie breakdown shows popular fast foods and the amount of exercise it would take to burn off the damage. Get ready to be shocked and quite possibly, appalled.
Charles Stuart Platkin, the “Diet Detective”
and host of WE TV’s I Want To Save Your Life gave Shine the low-down on how much exercise we’d have to do to burn off some of our chain-food favorites.
To burn off the 410 calories in a Taco Bell Burrito Supreme, Beef, you’d have to dance for 70 minutes. Biking for 77 minutes will take care of a large order of fries from Wendy’s.
Here are some more popular fast foods—and an example of the exercise you have to do to burn them off.
1. Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Frosted Donut (230 calories): 59 minutes of walking (3 mph).
2. McDonald’s Egg McMuffin (300 calories): 32 winutes of running (5 mph).
3. Panera Chocolate Chipper (440 calories): 62 minutes of biking (10-11.9 mph).
4. One slice of a Pizza Hut Large Hand-Tossed Style Cheese Pizza (320 calories):
39 minutes of swimming (slow to moderate laps).
5. Starbucks Cinnamon Roll (500 calories, varies by location): 85 minutes of dancing.
6. Burger King Original Whopper With Cheese (770 calories): 94 minutes of swimming (slow to moderate laps).
7. Au Bon Pain Chocolate Chip Brownie (380 calories): 129 minutes of Hatha yoga.
8. 1/2 cup of Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream (270 calories): 29 minutes of running (5 mph).
Note: The minutes of exercise are averages based on a 155-pound person. If you weigh more, you’ll burn more calories per minute.
Whoa! This should help people think about food in a whole different light! Next time you want to go through the drive through or satisfy that sweet tooth think of how long it’s going to take you to burn off that treat. That’s “if” you decide to attempt to burn them off!
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)