Thoughts shape who we are, how we live, and what we do. When it come to our appearance and our health we forget that bad thoughts can be just as toxic. In the illustration below, it points out how negative thoughts can affect your body. You thoughts can be just as important as your workout routine.
How Negative Thoughts Can Affect Your Body
“If someone wishes for good health, one must first ask oneself if he is ready to do away with the reasons for his illness. Only then is it possible to help him.” ~ Hippocrates
Emotions are powerful and they can evoke reactions in the body. Our immune systems react to whatever our mind says. If you say “I’m stressed out,” the body flies into action and releases the hormone known as cortisol. Cortisol helps us avoid danger and stay alive but in today’s society it actually can make us fat. It attribute to belly fat and poor sleeping patters.
If you read the chart and link it to your own ailments, you’ll find that is pretty accurate. Do you feel like you’re carrying the weight or the world on your shoulders? Chances are you have a tight neck and shoulders. Are you stubborn, not able to bend with the ebbs and flows of your current job? You could also have knee pain which translates into the inability to bend. Could you be stuck in the past, not willing to move forward or onto a new venture in your life? Then the middle of your back will tell your its time to suck it up and move on 😉
It’s fascinating how negative thoughts can affect our bodies. They can also respond to the good not just the negative. “The body believes what the mind conceives” is a good rule of thumb. As with many lessons in life if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all. This also goes for yourself!!! If you can’t have positive thoughts about you, your life, and your body then it’s time for a mind makeover!
Mind Body Makeover – Fitness Tips For A Healthy Thought Pattern
- I’ve used this on clients who put themselves down constantly. For every negative thought they think or voice then have to replace it with 3 positive thoughts
- Place postits in your car, on your mirror, and at your work place. Each note has a positive mantra or thoughts pertaining to your health.
- “I love my body”
- “I am intelligent, hard working, and beautiful”
- Find your own mantra that evokes positive feelings and make it your mantra.
- Listen to uplifting positive music that puts you in a better mood all day long – leave the depressing love songs out!
- Read or watch motivating sorries of triumph from time to time.
- Get your daily dose of positive. There are a lot of positive affirmation recordings online. Find one that makes you happy and use it daily!
Your mind controls everything you do, feel, and say. Make sure that you are giving it a tune up from time to time. This will allow you to be an overall healthy person from the inside out!