Buffets can be the enemy when you are trying to lean down or lose weight. There are hidden calories in even the healthiest of choices. So, what do you do when you are faced with the evil buffet?? Use these tips to keep yourself on track while eating at the smogasborg.
- Fill your plate with Protein! Find protein choices in predominantly white meat and fish. Most Buffets are not going to spend money on lean cuts of red meat, so they are to be avoided. 3/4 of your plate should be filled with Protein and healthy vegetables.
- Eat your protein and veggies first! This will fill you up and steer you away from overeating carbs later in your dinner.
- Only allow yourself 2 trips (if not 1). Anything more then 2 plates is most likely too much!
- Use a small plate so you aren’t tempted to load it with things your don’t need.
- Avoid all creamy sauces and fried foods.
- Garvys can also be filled with excess fat. Limit the gravy to a small amount or just avoid it all together!
- For dessert; try satisfying your sweet tooth with fruit or fat free frozen yogurt.
- Go For The Soup! Soup has the ability to warm you up and make you feel fuller due to broth. However, eating soups with a cream base should be avoided!
These tips will give your the freedom to eat out without setting you back a week. The average buffet diner eats anywhere from 2,000 to 5,000 calories in one meal. These excess calories could delete one whole week of working out! Making smart choices when you dine out is the best way to ensure that you continue to get results and keep weight off. Like the old saying goes, ” a moment on the lips, eternity on the hips!”
(CES, PES, CPT, BS)