If you’ve been eating a lot of meals that are heavy in carbs, protein and dairy, it might be time for a little cleansing. White meats and cooked vegetables could give your digestive track a much needed break. Use this low carb recipe for detox soup to reset and restart your week the right way!
How to know if you’re ready for a detox….
– White or yellow-coated tongueand/or bad breath
– Fluid retention and/or congested sinuses
– Increased belly or visceral fat
– Cravings and/or blood sugar issues
– Gallbladder issues or you had it removed
– Abdominal bloating
– Overheating/excess sweating
– Weight loss resistance
– Acne, rosacea, itchy skin
– Fatigue unrelieved by more sleep, especially in the morning
– Chemical sensitivity – you’re a lightweight when you drink alcohol or smelling fragrances makes you anxious
– Insomnia – especially early morning awakenings such as 1-4 a.m.
– Cravings (Source)
20 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 quarts of bone broth - chicken broth
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped (use green onions if you are on the bulletproof diet)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh shredded or grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of XCT oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large pot to medium. Add in your choice of oil, chopped onions, celery, ginger, and garlic.
- Saute for 5 - 6 minutes, making sure not to burn the garlic. Next, add in organic chicken breasts, bone broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, crushed red peppers (optional), and 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Bring this mixture to a boil. Then, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and set aside. Add in broccoli, peas, and parsley. Simmer until the broccoli softens.
- While that is cooking, shred the chicken with two forks (it may be too hot to use your hands). Add the chicken back into the pot. Allow the broccoli to cook to your liking, then add salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Calories 86 Total Fat 3 g Saturated Fat 0 g Monounsaturated Fat 2 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 4 mg Sodium 326 mg Potassium 257 mg Total Carbohydrate 10 g Dietary Fiber 3 g Sugars 4 g Protein 4 g
Not all detoxes have to be stringent routines. Simple light meals like detox soup allow your body to shed toxins in a gentle way. This low carb meal is a great way to fill up while giving your body key vitamins. If you choose to use bone broth (a wise option) it has numerous benefits.
Benefits of Bone Broth
Get the easy recipe to make your own bone broth here, or you can buy it in the store next to the other broths.
Detoxing can be an easy way to increase energy, shed excess water weight, and remove toxins that could be bogging you down. This simple recipe can be implemented 1 – 2 times a week to help you restore your body with healthy food options.
If you’re looking for a full reset, use our Body Burn 28 Day Quick Start program! It’s everything you need to turn up the heat in your metabolism, your workouts, and your perspective.