Easy, delicious, bulletproof, paleo, and gluten-free, this recipe is a winner. Use it to mix up your healthy meal options. The gravy adds the warmth of a comfort food without the heavy carbs, while the grass-fed beef gives it a rich flavor packed with all the benefits of CLA. Use this low carb recipe for Salisbury steak to wow your friends and family without killing yourself in the kitchen.
Ingredients for Paleo Salisbury Steak
- 1 and ½ pounds of ground grass fed beef
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of sweet rice flour (or almond flour if doing paleo)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 and ½ cup beef bone broth (if you can’t use bone broth, you can use regular)
- Mix the grass fed ground beef, garlic salt and pepper.
- Divide meat into 6 portions and form into steaks
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat 6 minutes per side.
- Remove patties from the skillet. Then add onions and cook 6 minutes. You can add a little MCT oil if needed.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Next, add in the flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Slowly add Worcestershire sauce and the bone broth; stir this mixture until smooth. I like to use a silicon whisk to break up the clumps while stirring.
- Reduce to half and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add patties back into the gravy and heat.
If you want to skip the gravy process, you can speed this up by using our favorite gluten free, dairy free gravy.
Serve hot with our low carb recipe for cauliflower mash to complete this savory recipe and fill up fast!