Summer makes us crave fresh foods full of life and color. Not only do we need the fresh foods (more then ever), it also helps us attain the body that we desire . Use this low carb recipe that’s also gluten free and paleo to help you flush out some of that excess weekend water weight. It’s cheap, easy, packed full of minerals and vitamins and low calorie. Don’t forget to use the link above to print it for your healthy cookbook!
Ingredients For Low Carb Recipe Monday – Kale Salad
- 2 Bunches of Kale
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts OR sunflower seeds (you pick)
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 2 – 3 table spoons of olive oil
- Lemon juice (optional)
Directions – how to make kale salad
- There are 2 versions of this salad. You can have it completely raw OR you can steam the kale.
- Steam Kale until it’s bright green (don’t over do it, kale should still be a bit crisp) – Skip this step if you’d rather have it raw.
- While the kale is steaming, roast your nuts or seeds in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. You can use spray olive oil on this part of the recipe to cut down on calories.
- Allow both the kale and the nuts (or seeds) to cool. Once cooled, toss both of them together in a bowl.
- Next, add your oil and dried cranberries and lemon juice to the kale, and nut mixture. Toss and serve.
* Fitness Tips – cutting the Kale into smaller bite sizes pieces will help the body digest and chew it down to smaller pieces. Letting the salad marinate in the fridge for several hours, then re tossing it seems to make the salad more flavorful.
Eating healthy is as much about researching as it is about due diligence. Fit Tip Daily tries to make it easier by giving you all the helpful fitness tips and low carb recipes in one place. Make sure you spread the fitness love and share this article with the links above!