I saw the app imuscle2 while searching the web for images. My background is in science so the cool anatomy pictures caught my eye. IMuscle combines anatomy with fitness by allowing you to choose a muscle group and then pick exercises that help you to build, and sculpt that area of your body. This fitness app is amazing for those of us who really want to hone in on places that aren’t up to our personal standers. It also allows beginners to get a better idea of which exercises go with each area of the body.
What Makes IMuscle2 Such a Great Fitness App?
* The best part about IMuscle is that it’s SO SPECIFIC! For instance, there are 4 muscles in the front of your thigh. If you seem to be having issues with lack of definition in your inner thigh (vastus medialis), then you can click on that muscle and the app brings up multiple exercises with little muscle men moving and doing the exercises. You can then choose which ones you would like to add to your routine and customize your workout.
* See Every Layer – Most fitness apps generalize. Meaning, they clump all of the muscles together and give you general exercises for each part of your body. However, with imuscle2 you can click on the scalpel button and remove a whole layer of tissue to see the muscles under neither. This allows you to develop a better routine.
* 3 D Design – Other apps allow you to see the body and design from the front and the back. This fitness app gives you a FULL 3 D affect! You can rotate the image a full 360 degrees. You can also tilt, turn and remove layers of muscles. This feature comes in handily when you need to see attachment points and tendons.
* Measure UP ! — Included in this fitness app is a great measuring layout. It’s one of the best I’ve seen! It hits all of the main points on the body plus it calculated BMI and allows you to input body fat.
* Learn stretches for each and every muscle – Just as you can train each muscle specifically. You can also find options to stretch each muscle. It’s double the learning fun!
*Learn while you burn – Even if you aren’t a big science freak, like me, it’s still very beneficial to know the muscles and where they attach. Learning while you have an in-depth visual at your finger tips is one of the best ways to retain knowledge so feed your brain while you sculpt!
These are just some of the many great features this app contains. As a personal trainer who’s tried TONS of fitness apps, I’d rate this in my top 5 ! Look for it in the app store, it’s only $1.99. If you’d like to read more, visit their site Here.