If you haven’t jumped on the Paleo train yet, then you may be missing out! Most paleo recipes give you all the flavor in a low carb version. They have created a wave of weight loss and a growing thirst from the paleo community for more and more recipes. If you haven’t tried paleo banana bread then this is a great recipe to start with!
Ingredients for Paleo Banana Bread
* Make sure you use very ripe bananas.
- 1/2 cup of melted butter ( I like to use non dairy vegetable shortening)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of mashed banana
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves (these were a tad strong I would cut them down)
Directions for Paleo Banana Bread
- Pre Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 1.5 quart baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter or shortening and maple syrup. Then add bananas and eggs.
- In another bowl mix together flours, baking soda and spices.
- Next, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake until the edges of the bread are golden brown and the center of the cake is cooked all the way through. Roughly, it will take 50 minutes to 1 hour to bake the loaf. Let the cake cool before removing it from the pan.
I’ll admit that not every paleo recipe is good. Sometimes they just don’t taste good. However, this paleo banana bread recipe is by far one of the best. Save this recipe, print it, and share it with your friends via our “share” link above. You won’t be sorry!
CPT, BS, CES, PES