This recipe is delicious, easy and quick! You will need 7 ingredients to whip up this quick meal. This recipe is safe for those who are lactose intolerant because ghee is butter without the milk solids. I’m personally very sensitive to dairy and ghee works like a charm! This recipe is also gluten free. Use this butter chicken recipe as a way to low carb while still on a budget.
Ingredients For Butter Chicken
1 pound of chicken breast
2 tablespoons of ghee (grassfed) or coconut oil
15 ounce can of tomato sauce
1/4 – 1/2 cup of diced onions
2 tablespoons of mct oil or olive oil
1/2 cup of coconut milk (light or regular – you decide) – you can also opt for heavy cream if you aren’t paleo
1 seasoning Packet
Directions on how to make Butter Chicken
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add half of your choice of oil.
- Add chicken sliced into squares. Then cook until no longer pink. Pull from the head and set aside.
- On medium heat add the other half of your oil add the “butter” or ghee.
- Add in finely chopped onions (optional) and peppers. Cook until onions become translucent (roughly 3 minutes).
- Mix in coconut milk, tomato sauce and seasoning packet.
- Put the chicken back into the skillet and it cook with the sauce for 5 – 10 minutes on low heat.
Remove and serve over your choice of rice or or vegetables!
*Note to those on the bulletproof diet: I know that tomato isn’t listed high on Dave’s list of love. However, he does give it a medium rating. You might use this as a way to mix things up!
Pick Your Pair
* You choose what you would like to pair your butter chicken with. For those on the Paleo diet, you may want to use this over steamed or sauteed vegetables. Possibly even spaghetti squash YUM!
If you are on the bulletproof diet you can use bulletproof white rice.
Either way this is an AAAA mazing recipe for butter chicken. Please don’t pass it up! Print it out or post it on one of your favorite social media outlets to keep and share with others.