When you’re trying to stick to a healthy eating plan or diet it can definitely become difficult with so many sweet temptations surrounding us today. American society is chalk full of high calorie, high fat, sugar-filled indulgences that can easily destroy any health conscience dieter’s day. But have no fear; you can still stick to your nutritional plan while enjoying some delicious and healthy dessert options with these recipes that can satisfy any sweet tooth.
3 Paleo Desserts
CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed)
- ½ cups pitted dates (7 pieces)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp flax oil
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 pint Arctic Zero cookie dough chip frozen dessert
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet with a liner and grease it.
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients (except chocolate chips and Arctic Zero) and grind smooth.
- Pour the batter into the mixing bowl and mix in chocolate chips.
- With the help of a round spoon or ice cream scoop spoon the batter into twelve 2” circles.
- Put the sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take it out and let it cool completely. Put the cookies in the freezer to harden completely.
- Once cookies have frozen, add about 2 spoonful’s of Arctic Zero to the browned side of the cookie.
- Place cookies on rack or tray and freeze an additional 10 minutes.
DARK CHOCOLATE-BANANA PALEO PUDDING
- 1 egg
- ½ very ripe avocado
- ¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 scoop chocolate flavored whey protein or vegan protein powder
- 10g raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add the egg, avocado, banana and coconut milk to a small food processor and process until very smooth and process until very smooth and creamy.
- Add dried cacao powder, carob powder, instant coffee, salt, cinnamon and protein powder and process again until well combined and creamy.
- Add hazelnuts and shredded coconut and give a few extra spins until the hazelnuts are reduced to tiny little pieces.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Garnish with a small spoonful of coconut cream and cacao nibs or shredded coconut and crushed hazelnuts.
This will keep in the refrigerator for a few days in an airtight container.
FAUX CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER TRUFFLES
- 5 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (a.k.a. sun butter)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter
- Coconut shavings (optional)
- Add sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, almond flour, flaxseed meal and salt in a large bowl. Be sure to mix oil and nut butter together to consistency before scooping into bowl.
- Use your hands to mix all ingredients are combined.
- Roll the dough into 1” balls and place them on a sheet of parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in microwave along with the cacao butter
- Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate, one at the time, and place them back on the pan with parchment paper
- Top with coconut shavings and refrigerate until the chocolate is firm.
Use these paleo desserts to stay on track while still indulging (just a bit). If you love these recipes write in and tell us! We love hearing from our readers!