I have been trying out the Paleo diet and experimenting with different recipes. In an attempt to find something sweet and filling I tried out these pancakes made prodominiently of almond meal and a hint of fruit. They did the trick and were easy to make! They are also low carb!
- 2 cups of Almond Meal
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Apple, grated
- 1/2 cup of blue berries
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoops, cook the paleo pancakes on a hot (med – high heat) griddle or frying pan. The pan should be oiled with coconut oil. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Make sure they are nice and crispy before flipping them.
- Serve with more blueberries on top and a dash of cinnamon.
These make an excellent low carb treat! You can even eat them later in the evening due to the fact that they are predominantly made of nuts. While I love this recipe, I think of it more as a weekly treat rather then a daily meal. If you need a sweeter flavor, try adding a dash of stevia to the mix. You can also add a very small amount of 100% fruit jam after they are cooked. Share this paleo recipe and fitness tip with your buddies that are trying to shed weight without overeating carbohydrates!