I have seen this recipe all over the internet and it’s getting rave reviews. There are 2 versions of this recipe. One makes it vegan while the other makes it a paleo dessert. Choose the option that best fits your needs and fall in love with this simple recipe. Don’t let the avocado scare you away! Making this recipe correctly, you won’t even taste it! The avocado adds all the creaminess of a common chocolate mousse, without all the dairy and milk fats.
Ingredients in Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons honey for Paleo diet OR 2 Tablespoons agave nectar for vegans
- 6 Tablespoons almond milk
- optional: pistachios or other nut for topping
- optional: small amount of vanilla extract.
* Other recipes say that the almond milk isn’t necessary. So if you are trying to cut down on calories you could try adding water instead of almond milk.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the “meat” of the avocado and slice into large chunks. Toss in blender or food processor.
- Toss in the rest of the ingredients. Start the blender on low. Then increase the speed to high. Make sure the texture is smooth and there isn’t any lumps.
- If the avocado is larger, you will need a bit more of each ingredient. If it is too thick, drizzle in a bit more almond milk. Add more cocoa or honey or agave to taste.
- Refrigerate the pudding and serve cold. Top with pistachios or other nuts. Enjoy!
Fitness Tips – Cooking – the best way to get the correct texture is to blend this in a food processor or in a vitamix. If you don’t have either, do your best to get as many clumps out of it as possible. You could even use a good ‘ol blender 😉
Need to Add Some Energy to Your Day?
Add a bit of instant coffee to your recipe! One teaspoon into this recipe will give you a bit of zing with your sweet treat.
Although this recipe isn’t “low carb” it’s still “all natural.” If you love this recipe for avocado chocolate mousse, please come back and leave a comment! We love to hear what readers think and it’s helpful for others as well!