The clocks have now been turned back and halloween has come and gone, so it’s time to refocus before the big holidays hit! This easy, low carb, lemon garlic chicken is easy to make as well as gluten free and dairy free! Not to mention, it’s cheap (we all love that)! Low carb monday happens every week so make sure you are gathering these recipes up and saving them to help you maintain your fitness goals, all season long!
Ingredients for Low Carb Recipe Monday – Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 4 – 6 chicken breasts OR 8 -10 chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (don’t worry you will have some left that won’t be on your chicken)
- 1/4 tablespoon of dried parsley flakes
- The juice from one whole lemon OR 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoons of minced garlic
Pour it in, Zip it Up and Shake!
- Pour all the ingredients into a 1 gallon freezer bag.
- Zip up your ziploc bag and shake up ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Next pour in your chicken breasts.
- Reseal your ziploc back and again, shake contents of the bag.
If you are doing this ahead of time you have 3 options.
- Option 1 – place the bag of chicken with seasoning in the fridge to marinate. Then remove and cook when ready.
- Option 2 – place the bag in the freezer. Make sure it’s flat. Then remove and thaw for a later date.
- Option 3 – remove bag from the freezer. Place contents in a crockpot and let cook on low for 6 – 8 hours. On high, 4 -6 hours.
Cooking in the Oven
After thawing or not frozen at all. Turn your oven on to bake at 350 degrees. Back chicken for 35 minutes in a baking dish. Make sure all the contents of the bag are added to the dish and chicken is thoroughly coated.
Don’t waste your hard earned cash on pre made marinates from a jar or package. This marinade is easy, quick, cheap and worth every penny! Use this low carb recipe for dinners, pre made lunches, family gatherings or any other meals you might have in mind. This chicken recipe is also great for preparing ahead of time for the week. The meat goes great on salads also!