Squats are one of the best ways to tone up and burn calories fast! Here’s a fun exercise that works not only your legs, but your core as well!
- Stand at a wall with your exercise ball at your low back with a considerable portion of the ball on your pelvis.
- Walk your feet out away from you as far as they need to be so you can bend your knees to a 90 degree angle keeping your knees over your ankles.
- Lift your right leg off the floor inhale as you bend your left knee to 90 degrees. The ball will roll up your back as you bend your knee. Don’t tuck your pelvis – keep your sits bones pointed straight down.
- Exhale and pull your abs toward your spine and straighten the left knee, coming to standing. Keep your right leg off the floor.
- Do: 10 reps on each leg for two to three sets. For more endurance do 12-15.
Single leg squats are a great corrective exercise and great for injury prevention if you are a runner. It is important to have balanced legs and single leg squats will help strengthen your weak leg. (credit)