It’s a new era, one in which we never leave the house without our cell phones. People can be seen blindly walking the streets while staring at glowing screens. It’s as if cell phones have become an added appendage. Forget your phone and your whole day is ruined. Break your phone and your life is practically over! However, little is discussed about the radiation dangers of our all too familiar friends. Could these technological devices be poisoning our bodies little by little.
Each and everyday our bodies are exposed to EMR waves. They float through the air unrecognized by our minds. Things such as microwaves, power lines, the alarm next to your bed, the dishwasher in your kitchen, and the power lines above your head, all of these give off EMR or electromagnetic radiation. As time goes on the amount of radiation grows as more and more technology is unveiled. Research now shows that carrying a cell phone on your body could lead to weaknesses.
In one study, men who carried cell phones on their hips showed a dramatic weakness in the joint and muscle tissue in that area of their body.
Using an X-ray technique used in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with osteoporosis, researchers measured pelvic bone density in 150 men who regularly carried their cell phones attached to their belts. The men carried their phones for an average of 15 hours each day, and had used cell phones for an average of six years. The researchers found that bone mineral density was lowered on the side of the pelvis where the mobile phones were carried, raising the possibility that bone density could be adversely affected by the electromagnetic fields emitted by cell phones (dangers of cell phones).
Keep in mind that even if the cell phone is not in use, the phone is still emitting rays into the body. There were also studies that supported the decrease in mens sperm count due to radiation related damage from cell phones (source).
Most studies point to the interaction of the cell phone with the body causing some sort of long term damage. There is a dramatic increase in parotid gland tumors. Of course this is where people are holding the cell phone to their face.
The researchers found a four-fold increase in parotid gland cancers from 1970 to 2006, while rates of other salivary gland cancers remained stableiv.
Not only are adults subject to radiation. Children are at an even higher risk! Kids actually absorb more of the hazards. They act like little sponges not only in their actions and speech but also in their cells. Even unborn children are at risk! Studies of women using cell phones while pregnant led to disorders after the child was born.
- 80 percent more likely to suffer from behavioral difficulties
- 25 percent more at risk from emotional problems
- 34 percent more likely to suffer from difficulties relating to their peers
- 35 percent more likely to be hyperactive
- 49 percent more prone to problems with conduct (cell phone research)
To take this even further, women have the horrible danger of putting cell phones in their bras. This is a HUGE mistake since the tissue in the breasts is very susceptible to radiation. We covered this in a previous article about the dangers of cell phones.
How to Protect Yourself From the Dangers of Cell Phones
- Whatever you do, don’t let your children play with your cell phone. Help them avoid as much of the radiation as possible.
- Reduce the amount of cell phone usage as much as possible.
- Turn off your phone when you aren’t using it.
- Keep your cell phone away from your body. Try placing it in a bag or purse 2-4 feet away when you are at work and during other activities where it’s not needed.
- Don’t charge your phone next to your body at night (we all know you’re doing this one!)
- When your cell phone reception is the weakest, that’s when EMR waves are the highest! The phone is working double time to find a signal. So if you don’t need the signal turn the phone off or keep it away from your body.
- Avoid direct contact with your phone while talking. Put it on speaker phone as much as possible to avoid placing the phone on your face.
It other parts of the world they have become accustomed to using radiation shields. Many of the asian countries have already begun to protect themselves. They are using shields such as this one below….
Health isn’t just about looking good and staying active. It’s now become our job to protect our health from everyday hazards that could effect us long term. Take these fitness tips to heart and share the danger of cell phones with the ones you love.