The anatomy of the glutes isn’t very complicated. You have 3 major muscles that work to make your butt look defined full and well proportioned. However, it gets complicated when people have muscle imbalances that challenges these muscles to work properly. things like desk jobs, driving jobs and repetitive motion jobs lead to imbalances and proper muscle balance. While this is a common problem, I’ll have to go into more detail about these in another article. For Now, focus on exercises for these 2 areas to get a better butt.
This is by far one of the harder muscles to hit. However, one of my favorite exercises to hit this spot is a lateral band walk or “tube walking” as we like to call it.
Lateral Band Walk For a Higher Butt
Donkey kicks were featured in one of our related articles 2 weeks ago. Using a band to do these on the floor makes them convenient. If you haven’t had a chance to check out our new online routines by Body Burn (notice the fun flame), then go to bodyburnfitness.com to sign up for 14 days free 🙂
Exercise #1 – Resistance Band Kick Backs
- Start with your hands and knees on the ground, resistance bands fastened to your feet as shown above.
- Make sure your back is flat and your stomach (belly button) is drawn in towards your spine.
- Extend your leg direct back behind you, squeeze your butt at the top of the motion. Try to hold for a count of 1 second (2 seconds if you want to get extra body burn).
- Bend your leg and bring it back to starting position. Don’t let it rest on the ground between reps. It should stay suspended the whole time.
- Repeat this movement for a count of 12 -15 reps. Try to do 2 – 3 sets
Single leg dead lift is a great way to reach the Glute minimus. Try to go as low as you can. I personally, only feel this one when I go down to my ankles. Only do that if you have the flexibility to do so.
Keeping your back straight, lean forward from your hips until your body is almost parallel to the floor, the weights in line with your shoulders
(b). Return to start. That’s 1 rep. Do 12 -15 , then switch legs. Try to do 2-3 sets on each leg.
Fitness Tips: Other exercise that reach this spot are side plank and hip abduction.
With these exercises you can start getting a better butt in no time!! Spread the love and share these with all your fitness friends and family!