A frequent complaint among women during the sunny seasons is that unsightly skin that rests between your armpit and your chest. While body fat could be the culprit, changing your diet alone won’t always solve this issue. If you’ve noticed, women with implants have very little of this extra tissue. That’s because increasing the size of your chest by adding muscle or implants (in their case), can fill out that skin. Doing chest exercises paired with back exercises can help fill out that problem area.
Here Are Our Favorite Exercises For This Problem Area – Armpit Fat
Lay flat on the floor with your hands placed at chest level, slightly wider then your shoulders.
Push your body off the ground and contract your chest at the top of the push-up.
Fitness Tips : Keep your butt clenched and your abs tight. This will help to support the weight of your body during the course of the exercise.
Lower your body back down until your elbows make a 90-degree angle. This should be right before your body hits the ground.
Repeat this motion 12 -15 times.
If you can’t do a standard pushup uses this variation until your work your way up.
- Lie down on a flat bench with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Raise the dumbbells up like you’re pressing them, but stop and hold just before you lock out. This will be your starting position.
- With a slight bend on your elbows in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon, lower your arms out at both sides in a wide arc until you feel a stretch on your chest. Breathe in as you perform this portion of the movement. FITNESS Tip: Throughout the movement, the arms should remain stationary; the movement should only occur at the shoulder joint.
- Return your arms back to the starting position as you squeeze your chest muscles and breathe out.Tip: Make sure to use the same arc of motion used to lower the weights.
- Hold for a second at the contracted position and repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
Bent Over Row – Bend over to 45 degrees, abs in and back flat. Bend elbows and bring weights towards the rib cage. Squeeze your upper back bringing the shoulder blades together. Then lower the weights back down to the starting position in a controlled manner. This should take 3-4 seconds on the way down. On the up motion it shoulder equal 2 -3 seconds with the squeeze lasting 1-2 seconds.
Lat Pull Down
Lean back slightly. Try not to arch your back.
Keeping your back straight, pull the bar down to your chest.
Raise the bar back up and extend your arms. Repeat 12 to 15 times.
Push Excess Fluids OUT
The other reason for excess puffiness in that area is water retention coming from the glands in the armpits. These glands (lymph nodes) work to cleanse the tissue of the upper body. Excess toxin buildup will pool fluid in the upper arms and that pesky armpit area. So, what some think is fat could also be backed up water retention due to toxins.
To cleanse this area daily I use skin brushing. You can do it dry or wet. Using this map and a natural skin brush, you can help the body redirect stagnant fluids to the glands and out of your body.
Here’s what the Huffington Post had to say about skin brushing
When we’d heard dry skin brushing was an effective method for reducing cellulite, we knew we had to include it in our anti-cellulite road test. Sure enough, it was indeed one of the more successful ways to smooth away less-than-perfect spots on your legs.”
Read our 2 popular posts on this easy detoxing / firming method.
Although you can’t spot reduce, you can add muscle to fill out extra skin. Reducing body fat is also a key factor. Make sure you are controlling your food intake to help decrease your overall body fat percentage. Keep up on these exercises especially over the summer months and you will see the improvement in no time!
Need a little Extra Help? Use our Body Burn 28 Day Quick Start!
Get everything you need to make your fitness dreams a reality!
Now you Can get Fitness Tips
Sent Directly to Your Phone, Daily!
Let us help YOU, get the body you deserve!