Sometimes you have little control over what you’re eating when you are dinning out at friends or eating at restaurants. So here are some easy ways to shave calories.
- If your eating a burger of some type, ditch the bun!
- Order egg substitute with omelettes when eating breakfast out.
- Order “light cheese” or tell the server to go “easy” on the cheese. This way you still get the flavor with half the calories and half the fat!
- Don’t DRINK your calories. Try to order water or drink a diet beverage.
- If you’re not that hungry, then try splitting a meal with someone else instead of forcing yourself to eat the whole thing.
- Omit the Mayo. Most people underestimate how many calories and fat Mayo can add to your meals. Leaving it off could help you to lose weight and keep weight off.
- Skip Dessert. If you aren’t willing to skip it then, be smart and shave off the crust (if it’s a pie) or get rid of one of the layers (if it’s a cake).
- Order a side salad. This way when your meal gets to your table, you will be full and less likely to over eat.
- Order the dressing on the side. Restaurants tend to pour way too much dressing on their salads. Stay in control of your calories by ordering it on the side.
- Fill up on fluids. Don’t mistake hunger for dehydration. Many people eat when they are actually thirsty.
These tricks may sound simple. However, they can really help you to lose weight and stay thin once you have lost the weight. Weight loss is cumulative…. Everything counts! Over time, all these little things will add up and make a HUGE difference.
(CES. PES. CPT, BS)