The supplement industry is a billion dollar market. However, since supplement are not regulated by the FDA it’s hard to gauge which fat loss supplements are safe and which supplements will cause potential harm to you body. Stimulants that are added to weight loss supplements can be the number one factor for side affects and long term problems. If you are looking to lose fat, exercise and diet are are the best ways to shed pounds. If you want a little boost, this natural fat loss supplement can help without hindering your system.
CLA – Conjugated Linoleic Acid
A double blinded study done in 2000 found that CLA preserved muscle tissue while aiding in fat loss. This study published by the Journal of Nutrition noted that the people that took a recommended dose of 3.4 grams of CLA per day had an average weight loss of 6 pounds during the study.
Another study done by Purdue University, found that CLA helped with insulin levels in diabetic patients (about two thirds). It also helped to reduce blood sugar levels and triglyceride levels.
Where Does CLA Come From?
There is evidence that CLA comes from the grasses that animals are consuming. If you a vegetarian you may not be getting this crucial fat burning substance. However, if you are drinking the juices from many grasses you could be supplying your body with supplement without knowing it! Here’s the kicker, you could be a “meat eater” but still not getting CLA in your diet. In order to get it through consuming animal products you must be eating GRASS FED beef and other products where it is transferred in this way. If you are buying general meats from the grocery store without the label “grass fed” then you are consuming meat products that are fed grains.
Benefits of Conjugated Linoleic Acid
- Increased metabolism – This is obviously a benefit for people with sluggish metabolisms (thyroid problems) and people striving to lose weight.
- Decreased Belly Fat – Adrenal problems and hormone shifts that are common in thyroid patients and aging adults can cause fat to store in the midsection. CLA’s ability to speed metabolism and aid people with thyroid issues can help to counter act this.
- Enhances Muscle Growth – Muscle is the key ingredient to burning fat. Everyone should want more muscle. Don’t worry (if you are a woman) you won’t get big and bulky!
- Lowers Cholesterol and Triglycerides– Cholesterol can act as the “silent killer” building over the years until it hits. Using CLA can help to offset the negative affects of cholesterol.
- Reduces the Affects of Food Allergies– If you haven’t heard, food allergies are on the rise. More and more people are reacting to foods that their body can’t process. This can cause major issues when trying to lose weight! Anything that can help people with food allergies is a plus!
- Lowers Insulin Resistance – People with thyroid problems are at a greater risk for developing diabetes later in life. Lowering insulin resistance in thyroid patients and in the general public, can have a huge affect on avoiding the on set of diabetes.
- Increases Immune System – Your immune system is your shield to disease. Making it stronger is always in your best interest!
After reading about CLA I decided to do some research. I found a site that is easy to navigate, has a simple structure and great prices. The ordering process on the site was clear and concise. They also have some great prices on protein shakes, protein bars, and all protein supplements no matter what your needs may be. Check out Nutrition Fix.com for some of the best prices on CLA and other products.
If you know someone who would enjoy this fitness tip, send it their way or post it on pinterest! “We love helping you, one tip at a time.”
* parts of this post are sponsored.