So here’s to you and a new adventure in the kitchen. Put yourself, and your family first and cook your way to a healthy 2012.
Here’s one of my favorite new recipes, certain to be a hit for all ages.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Choose any variety of kale you can find at your local grocery store or farmer’s market.
- Cut the kale into slightly larger than bite size pieces (they will shrink a little in the oven)
- Evenly coat the kale with olive oil, if you have a mister or any type of spray olive oil, I recommend that to keep the chips low fat, and full of flavor
- Season with your choice: I like to use sea salt, garlic powder and a little bit of onion powder
- Cook the kale for 10-14 minutes. I always check mine at 10 minutes, because each variety of kale is different in the time it needs to crisp up.