The holidays are here, it’s cold, dark and full of Christmas treats. If you want to avoid gaining the pounds over the holidays then maybe green tea should be added to your “To Do” list along with your shopping. Green Tea can help you stay energized and healthy during the season so you don’t end up looking like your Christmas tree when January comes.
Think you need a second opinion to be convinced??? Three big name celebrities use green tea and even request it to be in their dressing rooms! Jennifer Lopez, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Lynsey Lowhan are huge fans!
- “Lohan instructed her entourage to arrange for two cases of the Pomegranate Green Tea to be dispatched to her hotel while she was in London promoting Herbie: Fully Loaded in July.
- Lopez and teenage actress Lindsay Lohan are both huge fans of AriZona Pomegranate Green Tea (source).”
Key Facts About Green Tea
- It speeds up your metabolism. If you go to the store and look at many of the top selling fat lose products, you will see that more then half of them have green tea!
- Works to control blood sugar levels (we all need that!)
“Green tea may be useful as a glucose regulator — meaning it slows down the rise in blood sugar following a meal.
It does this by slowing the action of a particular digestive enzyme called amylase. This enzyme is pivotal in the breakdown of starches (carbs), that can cause blood sugar levels to soar following a meal. This is pretty exciting stuff — along with a chromium, and possibly a vanadyl supplement, green tea might be the missing link in proper glucose management (source)”
* Controlling your blood sugar plays a huge role in fat gain and loss. If your blood sugar stays even, then you can control your hunger, and keep from gaining excess body fat due to huge increases in glucose (sugar).
- Powerful Antioxidant ‘researchers have suggested that the active ingredient (called epigallocatechin gallate — I kid you not!), may be up to 200 times more powerful than vitamin E as an oxidant. (source)”
The Holidays are fun, however, you don’t want to have to pull your “fat jeans” out of the closet to accommodate your new size. Think smart, eat smart, and workout so you never have to make a new years resolution.