The wedding industry is a booming market. The stress that goes along with the “big day” can be overwhelming. Brides will do almost anything to lose weight so they can look stunning in their expansive gowns. In efforts to shed the extra pounds, a new diet has emerged to help brides lose 5, 10, or even 20 pounds QUICK. This controversial approach called the K- E Diet involves inserting a feeding tube in their nose and living off a liquid diet for up to 10 days.
How Does The K -E Diet Work?
- A feeding tube is inserted in the nose of the dieter which runs to their stomach.
- A mixture of fat and protein is dripped directly into the stomach.
- The carb free mixture boosts the body’s fat burning in a similar way to the Atkins diet. It forces the body into Ketosis. Ketosis is said to increase the burning of fat while storing muscle mass (this is still up for debate).
- The Feeding Tube Diet only supplies you with 800 calories per day.
Side Effects of K – E Diet
- For one you could look like this …..
DO you want to have to explain why you look like a run away hospital patient???
- Bad Breath – Due to Ketosis. Yuck!
- Constipation – There is absolutely no fiber in this liquid diet so it doesn’t not pass through your system as fast.
Why People Do The Feeding Tube Diet
- The woman in the picture above was quoted as saying
“I don’t have all of the time on the planet just to focus an hour and a half a day to exercise so I came to the doctor, I saw the diet, and I said, ‘You know what? Why not? Let me try it. So I decided to go ahead and give it a shot,” she said.
“It was emotionally difficult, the 10 days of not eating,” Schnaider said. “And sometimes I had to give excuses to people who were asking are you sick? And I was like, ‘No, I’m not sick, I’m not dying, I’m fine.’
“I was tired. I didn’t feel like exercising. The doctor told me that if you can compliment with walking for a half an hour on the beach, that would be great, but I didn’t feel like doing that. I’m a very energetic person, but those days I was a little tired (source) .”
How Much Does The K E Diet Cost
You would think that not eating for 10 days would be cheap right!?? WRONG. This liquid solution will cost you $1,500 dollars. For some brides, that’s the cost of their dress and part of their wedding.
Our personal take on this drastic diet is that it isn’t much different then doing your own liquid diet. Your own version might even be more beneficial then this feeding tube that costs an arm and a leg, gives you bad breath, constipation, and a sickly appearance. Fitness tips like these are meant to bring people back to reality. Health and fitness isn’t about a size or a number on the scale. It’s about feeling healthy and fit as well.