October is almost here and the need for something sweet starts to take over as we loose part of the daylight to night. Be prepared for those urges and avoid all the Halloween candy with this great pumpkin pie popsicle recipe. It’s a great way to enjoy the flavors of fall without loading up on carbs, excess calories, and fat.
- 2 1/2 pounds of butternut squash
- 1/2 cups of pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup of light cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
Instructions For Pumpkin Pie – sicles
- To make a batch, cut a butternut squash into quarters and scoop out the seeds.
- Boil, bake, or microwave the squash until it’s soft. Let the squash cool a bit before scooping its flesh into a medium-size bowl.
- Add pure maple syrup, light cream, and pumpkin pie spice to the bowl. Use a potato masher to mush the squash and blend all of the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into ice pop molds (we were able to fill 10), add sticks, and freeze for at least 6 hours before serving (source).Trainer Tip: Allergic to milk ?? Aren’t we all! If you can’t stomach that light cream, try substituting it for almond milk or soy creamer. Both of these alternatives have a similar consistency and will do the job without making you sick!
If you love this pumpkin pie popsicle recipe, use our “share” and “print” links. That candy will be making it’s way into your office, schools, and children’s book bags in no time so be prepared!!!
“Lose Weight One Tip At A Time”
BS, CPT, CES, PES